Group 8 Cellular Stress Response due to Species Interaction

(1)

Alex R. Gunderson, Emily E. King, Kirsten Boyer, Brian Tsukimura, Jonathon H. Stillman; Species as Stressors: Heterospecific Interactions and the Cellular Stress Response under Global Change, Integrative and Comparative Biology, Volume 57, Issue 1, 1 July 2017, Pages 90–102, https://doi.org/10.1093/icb/icx019

(2)

Brien ML, Lang JW, Webb GJ, Stevenson C, Christian KA (2013) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Agonistic Behaviour in Juvenile Crocodilians. PLoS ONE8(12): e80872. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0080872

(3)

S. Solomon, D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M. Tignor, H.L. Miller (Eds.), Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2007), p. 996  (Increase in  mean ocean interior temperature per decade, by >0.1°C since 1961)

4.4(88.57%) 7 votes
This entry was posted in Species as stressors. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Group 8 Cellular Stress Response due to Species Interaction

1. John says:

Very good project! I loved the crab drawings

2. Nylah says:

I had the same topic so this was cool to watch from different perspective. I like the “crabby” pun in the beginning. I like how you all incorporated extra background information for the audience to further understand the study. Only critique would be making sure to not stumble during voice over and to match the video with the information being presented; specifically when discussing the focal crab being crushed to extract the RNA. I only understood the visual image because I had this study. But good job I like the moving crabs 🙂

3. Kayla says:

I enjoyed the humor added. I also think you were very clear with your annunciations which made the visual descriptions easier to understand. I feel like there could have been more of an intro to what you were going to talk about though.

4. Alianna says:

I really liked your drawings and the example with the crabs moving around to show what was going on. I think an introduction to the experiment before showing the interaction between the crabs would have been more helpful, but you explained it later on in the video.

5. Madison says:

drawing on the whiteboard turned out really well — the drawing of what happened during the experiment was great

6. Amanda says:

The drawings were so good and the audio is really clear and easy to follow!

7. Pratima says:

The visuals were very clear, and you guys were easy to understand. Great video!