Group 7: Analysis of “Species as Stressors: Heterospecific Interactions and the Cellular Stress Response under Global Change”

4.6(92.36%) 55 votes
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Group 7: Analysis of “Species as Stressors: Heterospecific Interactions and the Cellular Stress Response under Global Change”

1. Abigail says:

The speed of the video is too high at times, making it a bit difficult to follow, but it is easy to catch up.

2. Emma says:

I enjoyed how you mentioned the typical symptoms of stress then compared it to the molecular level.

3. Sarah says:

I enjoyed the drawings in this video. It made the concept easier to understand and made the video interesting.

4. Camalie says:

I liked the drawings. I found it interesting that the study was inconclusive for whether species’ interactions with each other could affect them on a cellular level.

5. Matthew says:

The video definitely moves quickly at times, but it covers a lot of ground! It is filled with lots of important information and makes the study easy to understand. Having also looked at this study, I think this group did a good job!

6. David says:

The video had a ton of great information and illustrations. Occasionally too fast.

7. Amanda says:

This video was compact with information and the pictures made it fun to watch!

8. Lauren says:

I thought the change in narrators kept me interested and the pictures were super easy to follow and understand. Great video!

9. Kayla says:

The video was put together very well. The only thing was that there was a bar in front of the video the whole time which distracted from the video which was sad because it was so good.

10. Patrick says:

The visuals were fun and engaging and held my attention the whole time, great job!

11. Blake says:

Overall it was a good video. It has the information that needed to be presented. However, the changes in audio and video could have been edited better as I had trouble following at times. Good job.

12. Soham says:

The video was very nice, and was quite succinct. However, there could have been improvements in the audio and video, as some of the stills of the graphs were a bit distracting.

13. Hannah says:

I thought it was interesting that crabs could influence each other’s genes expression in that time period. The transitions were a little fast at times, but other than than great job!

14. Hannah says:

The watermark was a little distracting, but not that big of a deal. The drawings went along nicely with your script.

15. Victoria says:

The visuals were hard to follow, but the script was good. Good job editing.

16. Daham says:

Good video and editing but watermark needs to be flushed

17. Elizabeth says:

I like the video and editing but it didn’t really seem to need the software that left the watermark there

18. Sara says:

I liked how you drew the concepts. It helped solidify the information

19. Hanna says:

The drawings in the video were extremely helpful, along with the tone of the voiceover

20. Lindsay says:

The visuals in the video were great. The illustrations simplified the information, making it very easy to understand.

21. Cristina says:

The visual representations of the experiments conducted were helpful because the narration seemed to go rather quickly. It would be interesting to conduct this experiment as an intraspecies study – perhaps to see if a member from a new population affects stress in another population?

22. Madison says:

The drawings were very colorful and helped in following the dialogue! The “filmora” banner in the middle of the video, though, prevents me from seeing what’s being written or drawn. 🙁

23. Rahulkrishna says:

The watermark was a bit obnoxious, and the pace of the video was a little too fast. However, the information was sound and thorough

24. Maxwell says:

The video was well made, and I liked how you contrast some of the common associations that we have with stress with the molecular-level signs of stress.

25. Andrea says:

I liked the voice over, it was very clear and tone was relaxed. I feel like this video really explained not just what the paper is about but the importance of CSR.

26. Darrell says:

I thought that the video was paced quickly. I had to rewind a couple times to really understand the material, but you did a good job explaining the concepts. You did a good job of tying in information from class, and the visuals were well done.

27. Gleymi says:

The video was a little fast but the visuals helped with the understanding of the concepts.

28. Justin says:

Very good dissection of each part of this experiment. Also the visuals really helped me follow this video.

29. Helly says:

Good description of the experiment and the images really aided in understanding the topic.

30. Tarab says:

The video was kinda fast but I loved the transitions between different drawings and that the information was still presented well.

31. Samantha says:

The voice overs were lively and interactive sounding which kept the video interesting. I also really enjoyed the drawings and comparisons.

32. Samantha says:

I really enjoyed the drawings and comparisons and the liveliness of the video.

33. Sophia says:

The connections to our curriculum were quite seamless and helped understanding of the study. The drawings were directly related to the script and also aided understanding despite the paper being a challenging one to read due to the possibly inconclusive data.

34. Lauren says:

I really enjoyed the connections to what we learned in class, and the degree to which you were specific in the experiment, but not too specific to where it was confusing. The drawings were very helpful in portraying the experiment.

35. Bencao says:

I loved the video. It has really great visuals. I liked how they connected the material we learned in class to the topic. great work!

36. Elizabeth says:

I think you did a good job relating it to class material

37. James says:

Video was well paced and went into depth on the information in the study.

38. Gracelyn says:

This is a really dense topic and I appreciate how you were able to relate this in pictures for an audience. It’s thought out, and the connections to topics in class were great.

39. Joy says:

I really like how the visuals were presented on a white broad. It was definitely a creative approach. However, I would have liked for the first narrator to have spoken a little bit slower. It just sounded a little rushed, but other than that I thought the video thoroughly explained the concepts concerning your article.

40. Mirali says:

I really liked how the visuals were congruent with the voiceover. As well as how the idea and differentiation between visuals were carried throughout the video.

41. Katherine says:

The drawings in the video were really helpful in understanding the topic for this paper, and they matched the explanation of the voiceover very well. The video was occasionally a little fast, but for the most part it was really good.

42. Elena says:

The video was informative and the visuals made it easy to understand.

43. Daniel says:

I found it interesting that the drawings were done in real time. I feel that this choice made the video more engaging overall, and paired nicely with the information presented.

44. Griffin says:

Nice! The voiceover and visuals are synced up perfectly. Really interesting subject too, just wish that banner wasn’t in the way.

45. Alekhya says:

I think your use of color and the change of the voice in the middle of the video were very helpful in keeping the video engaging.

46. Jarred says:

I thought the pacing of the video was really good, it was succinct and to the point.

47. Joseph says:

The topic nice with decent; however, I wish there was music or something to keep me entertained. This is just my personal opinion as someone who cannot focus on video with just talking and writing.

48. William says:

The video was well made, and the visuals really helped with understanding the video. The voiceover was also really good!

49. Brooklyn says:

The narration of the video was very clear, and the visuals corresponded to the ideas of the article well. The pacing of the video was a little off in some places, as the audio and the visuals did not always match. However, the video as a whole clearly communicated the ideas of the article.

50. Tyler says:

I like the use of markers, but it’s a bit too fast at times. Also the watermark takes away from the quality/understanding.

51. Anaqa says:

Great usage of visuals to express the results of the experiment, especially with the graphs drawn out. The information also flowed nicely along with the visuals.

52. Mark says:

I liked how they showed the visuals. It kept the video engaging.

53. Carlos says:

The drawing time-lapse concept is very effective and makes for a captivating video. The voice-over was succinct and effectively conveyed your intended message. A bit fast at times though. Oh also I really liked some of the video transitions and effects. The watermark was distracting but we’re all college students and I wouldn’t pay for a software that I’ll most likely never use again either. For future reference GT has video editing resources that students can use for free.

54. Cassidy-Arielle says:

I enjoyed the crab images especially, and overall the video made the concepts actually fun to watch as against reading the studies which can often be boring especially if reading and analysing more than 1 in a day.

55. Cayla Marie says:

It seems that you chose wisely which sections to spend more time on with audio/visual and which to pass through quickly. I thought the pace of the video was perfect for understanding all of the information. I felt that your script conveyed all of the information directly, yet the video was still engaging.

56. Christin says:

Nice video; moves a bit fast, though. I like how the two species of crabs were constantly kept in different colors; that really helped.

57. William says:

The visuals are very well drawn and interesting to see. The bar across the middle can be a little distracting at times, but overall the information is presented in a fashion that is easy to comprehend. The different colors of the crabs are very helpful and the fact that they stay consistent makes it easier to follow the changes in scenes.

58. Luis says:

The drawings and the voice-over were very well coordinated!

59. Christopher says:

I like the comparison of the cellular response to what we know on the macro level.

60. Ana says:

I really enjoyed the drawings – helped me understand what was going on. I can tell you guys spent a lot of time figuring out the best illustrations as well as the best transition from one image to another.

61. Gilberto says:

The video’s pace was a bit too high at the start, making it difficult to understand. The illustrations were good, but the recording was really shaky, and sometimes left part of the illustrations out of the frame. Having different narrators was positive for the video

62. Andrew says:

I enjoyed the marker aesthetic in the drawings and found it easy to follow along with the dialogue. Good job!

63. Ria says:

The drawings were a bit messy in places but it was very well explained.

64. Isabelle says:

The drawings were cute but a bit messy. Also the tone used in the video could have been improved.