Group 6: Species as Stressors: Heterospecific Interactions and the Cellular Stress Response under Global Change

This video was completed by Bailey Scott, Marianna Frietas, Madison Jones, Kaitlin Kitchens, and Matt DeJonge. It describes how interspecies interactions can cause a change in gene expression in organisms (dubbed cellular stress response or CSR) , and seeks to further our understanding of CSR by studying competitive relations between two species of porcelain crabs.

4.8(96.36%) 11 votes
This entry was posted in Species as stressors. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Group 6: Species as Stressors: Heterospecific Interactions and the Cellular Stress Response under Global Change

1. Ellen says:

I like the presentation of using colored pieces of paper it keeps the viewer interested.

2. Carson says:

Super entertaining, very creative

3. Faye says:

I really enjoyed the creativity, and your video was very easy to follow because of it.

4. Nicole says:

You had a very creative presentation. I appreciate the effort in keeping it simple and easy to understand. Made the topic interesting!

5. Madison says:

very creative, great job!

6. Aubree says:

I love your presentation! It’s very colorful, which helps keep the audience interested, and the visuals also help the topic to be more comprehensible. I thought the ice cube representing the frozen, then crushed, crab was a great touch.

7. Andrew says:

Fun and creative! The VO could be more emotive, but the visuals were great.

8. Patrick says:

I really enjoyed this, the visuals were very fun and this was an especially creative way to do this project.

9. Soham says:

The visuals were definitely very entertaining, although the audio seemed a bit muted.

10. Hannah says:

I really liked this video. I love your original visuals! Overall it was really entertaining and provided a great summary, however the voice over could be a bit louder.

11. Ian says:

I believe the voice over could be a little more energetic but overall the video is great! The paper figures allow for a fun way to watch the video.

12. Sean says:

very creative and ACTUALLY made me laugh (first thus far)

13. Kevin says:

I really enjoyed the more humorous, light-hearted approach to the video. It keeps the audience more entertained while also being informative in addressing an issue of cellular response to organisms.