Group 28: A single mutations in the prM protein of Zika virus contributes to fetal microcephaly

References:

Belluck, P., McNeil, D. 2017, Sep. 28. The zika virus grew deadlier with a small

mutation, study suggests. The New York Times. Retrieved from https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/28/health/zika-mutation-microcephaly.html

Yuan, L., Huang, X., Liu, Z., Zang, F., Zhu, X., Yu, J., . . . Qin, C. 2017. A single

mutation in the prM protein of zika virus contributes to fetal microcephaly. Science, 358(6362): 1-9. doi:10.1126/science.aam7120

Cuevas, E. L., Tong, V. T., Rozo, N., Valencia, D., Pacheco, O., Gilboa, S. M., & … Gomez, R. C. 2016. Preliminary Report of Microcephaly Potentially Associated with Zika Virus Infection During Pregnancy – Colombia, January-November 2016. MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report, 65(49): 1409-1413. doi:10.15585/mmwr.mm6549e1

“Mutation.” Bench to B’more, 1 Mar. 2016, www.benchtobmore.com/ibench/buzzwords-in-science-mutations-the-crazy-world-of-mutants-and-deadly-mutations/.

“Mosquito Image.” Moziru, moziru.com/explore/Drawn%20insect%20malaria/#gal_post_1602_drawn-insect-malaria-4.jpg.

“How Zika Spreads.” Zika Foundation, https://zikafoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Zika-Spread-1in4.png

4(80%) 9 votes
This entry was posted in Zika mutation and microcephaly. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Group 28: A single mutations in the prM protein of Zika virus contributes to fetal microcephaly

1. Ellen says:

I think how you use a whiteboard to show visuals. Data from the study is clearly presented. The sound however was extremely quiet.

2. Camalie says:

The video was interesting. I liked the visuals.

3. Harrison says:

The audio quality could have been improved, but there is no denying the visuals and the positive effect it has on the viewers. This video really helped demonstrate (at least in my opinion) the dangers of microcephaly.

4. Lauren says:

The audio and visuals of this video made it very interesting and the data was explained very clearly. Great video!

5. Savannah says:

The data presented in this video was clear and easy to understand, but it was very hard to hear what was being said. The visuals were so good though that I don’t think any meaning got lost, but still would’ve been nice to be able to hear a little more.

6. Amanda says:

The illustrations were great! Everything was organized and visually appealing.

7. Ian says:

The visuals were very good, however the audio was too quiet and I had to listen really carefully if there was any noise around me.

8. Elizabeth says:

I love the visuals and colors, sometimes it was a little fast paced.

9. Ian says:

The visuals were great but the audio was too quiet and I had to keep pausing the video if there was any noise in the room.

10. Hanna says:

I liked the creative format of a news report and the drawings were informative, but sometimes there were too many words on the whiteboard