Group 24–Preventing Malaria by Genetic Modification of Mosquitoes

4.4(88.5%) 40 votes
This entry was posted in GM mosquito competitiveness. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Group 24–Preventing Malaria by Genetic Modification of Mosquitoes

1. Abigail says:

Your music choice is distracting, but the content itself is logical and good quality.

2. Emma says:

Good job connecting the experiment to its real world impact.

3. Nicole says:

Your video flows very well. Your topic is logical due to how you explain it in a series of steps.

4. Reagan says:

Really good job talking about parasitism and mutualism! You communicated really well how your study relates back to what we’ve talked about in class.

5. Patrick says:

I especially liked in this video how everything flowed well together, though the audio was a bit distracting at times.

6. Soham says:

The music seems to overshadow the video, but there were nice connections with the topics we discussed in class, and the overall content was quite good.

7. Alianna says:

The concepts were explained well and I liked how you connected it to things we have learned in class. The music was a bit distracting, but overall it was easy to understand.

8. Victoria says:

The music is very distracting, but the material was very interesting. I liked learning about how people are trying to solve such large problems like malaria.

9. Amanda says:

I liked the music, but it was a little too loud. Very good though, I liked all the drawings!

10. Ian says:

Good job explaining the topic and helping the audience to understand it, though I believe the music could have been different and quieter to avoid being distracting.

11. Vivi says:

The video was good and informative.

12. Lindsay says:

The video was very informative, and the images were strong visual representations of the information. I thought the music was too loud and overpowered the speaker at some points.

13. Maxwell says:

The voiceover was very clear and informative. It was well made and the visuals were varied which kept the video interesting

14. Elizabeth says:

You guys had a very interesting topic, good job explaining the experiment

15. Darrell says:

This video was very well done. The drawings were interesting and relevant to the topic. You also did a great job tying in content from class. The narration also matched properly with the visuals, so the video was easy to understand.

16. Helly says:

The experiment was well dissected and the conclusion and real-world impact was well presented. I think the video could’ve been even better without the music though.

17. Manasi says:

The music at first was a little distracting but past that the research was explained clearly. There was a good connection to the topics in class.

18. Tarab says:

I personally liked the music choice since I thought it made the video more interesting and added more of a theme to the video.

19. Ashmita says:

I like your visuals a lot and how they are still photos. It allows me to really take in the information!

20. Sophia says:

The script and narration of this video seemed very natural as well as overall extremely well-written. The topic was also extremely interesting! I thought the music worked very well for the beginning of the video (dramatic) but at times got to be a bit loud compared to the narration.

21. Ashna says:

Great job connecting the topic to the concepts we learned in class! Also loved the flow of the video.

22. Nidhi says:

The way that this presentation flowed made it extremely easy to understand the material.

23. James says:

Information was given in an effective way and visuals accompanied the voiceover well.

24. Gracelyn says:

Thematically, the music is a great choice. It’s just overpowering the intro of your video. Otherwise, this is engaging and related well to the topics we covered in class.

25. Youngjoon says:

Very informative video. However, the background music was a little distracting at times, and some of the drawings seemed a bit too simple.

26. Mirali says:

The music was distracting and overpowering. However, the visuals in regards to the information were a bit simplified but easy to understand.

27. Robert says:

The music blocked out much of the audio. Good information though!

28. Katherine says:

The video is very good and very explanatory, the occasional visuals on the white board helped with the audio explanation of the topic as well. The music was a little loud at some points in the video though.

29. Kendall says:

They did a great job making the topic interesting to the audience by bringing in facts about malaria and depicting interesting images. Overall, I think the video was successful, and the images were not only interesting, but they also enhanced the topic through use of graphs and details that were spoken.

30. Daniel says:

Interesting use of music, although I think it distracts a little from the overall presentation.

31. Isabelle says:

Overall, the flow made the video extremely easy to understand. The music was a nice touch as well.

32. Jarred says:

The mosquitoes you drew were great, but you missed the opportunity to add pupils.

33. Jalen says:

I liked how the background story of malaria and genetics led to tying-in this information back to our previous module. The music was pleasant to hear also!

34. Mira says:

Interesting content. The visuals went well with the narration but could have been a bit more exciting.

35. Sreedhanya says:

The video flowed very well and the content was easy to follow.

36. Elizabeth says:

The visuals were great and the information was easy to understand.

37. Mark says:

Well made video. The narration was a little monotone, but overall gave good information.

38. Govinda says:

Entertaining drawings, and good understanding of the topic. However, I’d like to see different visual elements in order to keep audiences’ attentions. Good job!

39. Cayla Marie says:

The drawings of the mosquitos were great, but some of the other visuals could’ve been more exciting. The script was well written, though.

40. Lauren says:

I had the same topic for my video project, so I was interesting to see how other groups interpreted the material. I really liked your white board drawings, and you did a very good job explaining the information and relating it back to what we learned in class.

41. Vamsish says:

The information is presented well, but the music is very loud and makes the information difficult to follow.

42. Carlos says:

Very informative!! I thoroughly enjoyed the background music and narration, the visuals were a little simple however.

43. Andrew says:

This video is over-dramatic! It made the content very interesting and made it fun to learn from.

44. Isabelle says:

The wording about the video was a little confusing but otherwise it was great!