Group 23: Competitiveness of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes

4.1(82.86%) 14 votes
This entry was posted in GM mosquito competitiveness. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Group 23: Competitiveness of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes

1. Carson says:

Great presentation, the test at the bottom is a little distracting though

2. Oluwapamilerin says:

Great video, I like the news theme. The subtitles were a little too fast.

3. John says:

Great theme, but it felt a little rushed.

4. Matthew says:

I love the theme of a breaking news story and the study is explained very thoroughly and in simple terms. The detailed descriptions of the figures is very helpful in understanding the study, as well. The video does go well over the 5 minute limit, but it is enjoyable to watch.

5. Kayla says:

This was the first group that did a news story which was nice to see something new and not just drawings. The one things I found off was the subtitles. Although I did hear everything, if I had missed something there was no way I could read that fast.

6. Andrew says:

The presentation was unique, but didn’t really help visually communicate your content. The subtitles were a bit fast and hard to read.

7. Blake says:

I thought it was cool that you chose to do a news theme. I thought that was creative and a fun way to get the audience engaged. The information was presented in a fairly clear manner and seemed to get the necessary information across. However, the moving subtitles were quite distracting, some of the video editing was a bit rough in that the video would jump in the middle of an idea, and it was a bit longer than necessary. Overall, good job.

8. Hannah says:

Great idea to make a news cast! The subtitles were difficult to read because they were fast. It would have helped a little if there were some visuals to go along with the first scientist’s part.

9. Alyssa says:

Presenting the information through a newscast was great for this topic! However, I feel like the connections that were made back to what we’ve learned in class could’ve been further developed. Otherwise, an alright summary of the experiment with an adequate amount of explanation for the various useful figures that were included.

10. Victoria says:

Nice job choosing a different tactic on video presentation. It was interesting, but could have used a few more visuals.

11. Elizabeth says:

I feel like it was just alot of talking and not alot of visuals, the line at the bottom is distracting and takes away from the presentation

12. Hanna says:

I liked the creative format of a news report, but there weren’t many visuals to help guide the narration

13. Kevin says:

I really enjoyed the newscast format. It adds a little entertainment aspect to the video, but it also is informative for the topic. It reminds me of our last lab where we looked at C. Elegans to determine the linkage of certain mutations.