Group 21: Competitiveness of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes

Citations

Andrew Pike, Yuemei Dong, Nahid Borhani Dizaji, Anthony Gacita, Emmanuel F. Mongodin,George Dimopoulos. 2017. Changes In Microbiota Caused Genetically Modified Anopheles to Spread In Population. Science 357(6358): 1396-1399. doi: 10.1126/science.aak9691

Minard, Guillaume, Patrick Mavingui, and Claire Valiente Moro. 2013. Diversity and function of bacterial microbiota in the mosquito holobiont. Parasites & Vectors 6: 146. doi: 10.1186/1756-3305-6-146

Fenton Hall, Anthony S. Fauci. 2009. Malaria Control, Elimination, and Eradication: The Role of the Evolving Biomedical Research Agenda. The Journal of Infectious Diseases 200 (11):1639–1643. doi: 10.1086/646611

4.2(83.64%) 11 votes
This entry was posted in GM mosquito competitiveness. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Group 21: Competitiveness of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes

1. Luis says:

Citations

2. Hayden says:

Funny video, I liked that you guys used Buzz. Also, you did a great job of explaining how natural selection and malaria are linked. I thought it was interesting that scientists were modifying the genes of mosquitoes in an attempt to stop malaria.

3. Ellen says:

I liked the inclusion of buzz. Your video was very entertaining. You made the connections to class clear.

4. Camalie says:

It was interesting that scientists have found a way to genetically modify mosquitoes so that they have stronger immune systems and don’t end up carrying malaria. I found the video creative.

5. Will says:

good content, although I would have preferred to see more visuals describing what buzz was saying.

6. Madison says:

Good video! It was entertaining and informative.

7. Amanda says:

Good job! You guys did well connecting the concepts back to what we learned in class

8. Dorothea says:

You did a good job of making the concepts clear to the audience by having the set up of the video as a Q and A

9. Soham says:

The video was very engaging in your Q and A part, I really felt that was quite creative. The concepts were well understood. Good Job.

10. Sean says:

interactive, would make for a good children’s show… if they cared about the Competitiveness of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes

11. Anthony says:

Super creative with the use of buzz. I feel that asking the question you guys asked points viewers in the perfect direction of thought

12. Sara says:

I liked how you used buzz and other comedic elements to make the topic more interesting without compromising the informational content

13. James says:

The video was engaging, it was easy to follow along with the information.