Group 10: Telomere length is reflected by plumage coloration and predicts seasonal reproductive success for the barn swallow

4.4(88.89%) 18 votes
This entry was posted in Telomeres and sexy coloration. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Group 10: Telomere length is reflected by plumage coloration and predicts seasonal reproductive success for the barn swallow

1. Hayden says:

The link between the study and what we learned in class with positive assertive mating is clearly discussed. It does make sense that the birds with the best plumage will attract more birds (positive assertive) and thus have a greater reproductive fitness.

2. Ellen says:

The background covering what a telomere is and how it relates to class is very clear.

3. Nicole says:

You clearly understand your topic, and your presentation was very in depth, which I respect. A deep knowledge of the topic is presented.

4. Will says:

I like how you connected it with what we learned in class, although I would’ve appreciated if the graph was discussed in more detail.

5. Harrison says:

Overall, I did enjoy the video. However, I would say the audio quality at the beginning of the video was relatively lacking. But public speaking is challenging, and you guys nailed the materials and concepts of your article.

6. Reagan says:

You all did a stellar job of clearly relating the information in your study to concepts we’ve studied in class. I especially liked the survivorship curve. The visuals and audio were great and kept me engaged!

7. David says:

This group looks like it took a lot of time to make a really visually appealing video. The information was related to class really well.

8. Lauren says:

I would of liked a more clearer audio as it made it difficult to follow the fast moving video and the audio together. Overall, the video was very informative and I thought the video was very impressive!

9. Kayla says:

I looked like your group put in a lot of effort into this project. It was sort of hard to understand the person talking at the beginning. But overall good job.

10. Andrew says:

The voiceover was a bit monotone, but you have very well-done visuals.

11. Patrick says:

The level to which the telomeres were described and explained show that you all put a lot of effort in and definitely know what you are talking about, great job. In addition, the visuals are very well done.

12. Dorothea says:

Your images are great! Although, the voiceover isn’t very engaging so it’s hard to maintain focus.

13. Hannah says:

I really like the animations in your video, it looks very professional. Overall, you did a great job with summarizing the article and giving it an in-depth analysis.

14. Victoria says:

It’s interesting that the length of a telomere would increase fitness. Great video overall.

15. Savannah says:

I really liked how much this group related the research to concepts discussed in bio 1510. Best connections I’ve seen thus far.

16. Ian says:

The connections to the modules that we have covered so far helped a lot with the understanding of the topic as it helped me recall what we have learned and connect it to what you were explaining.

17. Elizabeth says:

You clearly understand the concept and i love how the video connects the dots with other things we have learned in the class. also impressive visuals

18. Sara says:

The information was well presented and displayed extensive depth of knowledge. It has very clear connections to bio 1510. However, the beginning was a little hard to hear.

19. Anthony says:

Very good visuals and transitions from picture to picture/fact to fact.

20. Woohyun says:

The voiceover’s tone was a little wooden. The audio was also a little too low. But the visuals were great!

21. Kevin says:

The video was really well put together. It contained tons of relatable information to our course work making it easier to understand the topic.